Kim is the Founder of Diverse Daisies and serves as a Board Director and advisor. Kim has always been driven to show others that life is an opportunity not to be missed. She grew up in foster care before moving out on her own at the age of 17. Contributing to the community is just as important as having a successful career. Throughout the years, Kim has volunteered with the following programs:
- Crisis Nursery / Cook for Kids – As team leader for eight years she coordinated volunteers and meals monthly.
- Big Sister – Mentoring a young lady from the age of eight until she turned sixteen.
- YMCA – Joined the committee in collecting donations for the Purses With Purpose Annual Luncheon.
- Beyond Ballroom – Board of Directors.
- Hennepin County – For several years she assisted an elderly man with his finances.
- Various non-profit events – Collected and organized silent auction items.
Without a support system or available mentors, life isn’t always easy for a young woman. This is one of the reasons Kim was so passionate about founding Diverse Daisies. She knew how many young women could flourish in a program that believes in their inner strength thereby inspiring them to make better choices in life, set goals, and DREAM BIG!